New Beginnings...

As I went through the process of setting up and creating this blog, I felt both excitement and anxiousness to post my first blog. I am a newbie in the whole blogging department, so I can not wait to be able to call myself a "blogger". The figure that will be primarily posted about within this blog is the hysterical comedian Woody Allen. I will be researching and discussing not only his own works, but the works of fellow artists that both inspired and influenced him. Although Woody Allen is known mostly for his acting, he was a distinguished director, playwright, musician among many other things. His work is widely known for its controversial and humorous content. Sexuality is a major theme that runs through a majority of his work along with literature, the history of the cinema, his own Jewish culture and philosophy as well. When trying to understand an individual, it is important to not just study that individual and their works. One must look at that individual's past; the events and people that influenced and helped to shape that person into who they are today. Everyone's work was inspired and impacted by other artists. Once we have an understanding of those influential people in Woody Allen's life, it is only then that we may have a better understanding of Allen himself. The short clip below is from Time and show's Woody Allen being asked 10 questions by his fans. I think its the perfect introduction to the beginning of our study of such a funny and important figure in American Cinema.


No comments:

Post a Comment